Personal - BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe


Thanks to a new course by Digital Tutors, I was able to get a hold of some new assets to put together this BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe render. The course was aimed at the software package KeyShot (which appears to be fairly intuitive), however, I went to town on this with Maya and Mental Ray. On a side note, for those who have not tried it, Virtual Rig is a must for background blurs. If you have not checked that package out yet, now is the time. The render turned out really nice and there were actually a couple of elements I picked up from the course that I incorporated into my Photoshop workflow. I was originally going to have the BMW white, with carbon fiber accents, but the elegance of the Frozen Bronze Metallic paint did it for me.

Feedback is always appreciated. Thanks for viewing!

(HDR Environment, Backplate, and model from digitaltutors.com.)

2 comments: